Saturday, July 21, 2012

To Do Before School List (Linky Party)

I was stalking reading a few blogs this morning when I saw Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies' To Do Before School List Linky Party.  She mentioned that there were only four weeks left before she heads back into the classroom to decorate because she officially goes back on August 20th, but never has time to get stuff done in her room because of staff development and meetings.

As I read this I had a mini meltdown of sorts because you see we go back to school on August 20th - as in kids are there, school has begun!  I go back on the 10th!  WHERE*HAS*MY*SUMMER*GONE???? and full panic mode I*HAVE*A*MILLION*THINGS*TO*DO still.

Deep breath - if I just make a check list of things to do I will be fine.  Oh Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies you are brilliant and I definitely need to link up!

So without further ado, my to do list:

1. I need to set up my Word Study spelling notebooks.

2. I need to set up my reading brain books.

3. Rocket Math Folders. -I will post on this when I make them :) 

4. Set up Whole Class Journals like the ones I have been seeing around the internet and pinterest world.

5. Map out basic curriculum for the year.

6.My teacher's binder.

7. Print out labels for notebooks and folders.

8. Organize and label my classroom library.

9.Daily 5 and Cafe - (the posters, the anchor charts, the  pensieve, and I still haven't decided what to do about book boxes!) I either want to do this setup or something more like the ones from Really Good Stuff. I've seen the idea about using ice boxes from Wal-Mart which are $1.88 each but I'm not sure if they are tall enough.


10.Finish multiplication Jenga game I started eons ago.

11. All about me pages for our class book. Including filling my about your teacher page.

12. Class Schedule.

13. Library Check out system.

14. Set up math centers.

15. Birthday Bin with goodies.

16. Clipboards (I need to buy more and want to make a cute basket for them).  I wanted to decorate the boards themselves as well - but looking at this list.... uh... on second thought maybe not.

17. Parent Welcome Letter

This list is definitely going to be a work in progress because I know I am forgetting something! 




4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! Thank you for linking up to my linky party! I'm your newest follower! I still need to work on my Get to know you Jenga game and I left that off my list. Why oh why does my list keep growing instead of shrinking? LOL!
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy! Going back on August 10th! I'll quit my whining now about only having a month left!

    I’m your newest follower! I am also a Newbie Blogger, so I appreciate all of the sharing of advice and ideas.
    Corinna :)
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe this will make you feel a bit better: I go back on August 8th and the kids come on the 13th! June was so relaxing, it seems like July is flying by!

    Erin
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a first year teacher so I feel like I have a ton to do even things I don't KNOW to do. Does a middle school teacher do a parent letter too?

    Alyssa
    adventuresinacademics.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...