Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 Bloggy Best and Brightest Linky

I am happy to link up with Christina at Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge for her 2012's blog best and brightest linky. What a fun way to look back at the year!   It is a great way to brag about your own blog favorites while giving a shout out to some of your favorite bloggy friends!   
One of the best things that happened this year is that I was offered a position in the school district where I lived.  I was previously teaching in another district and had about a 30 minute commute each way.  My youngest son goes to the school I am at now and my next two youngest are at the school right next door - talk about convenience!

I have also been blessed with a little bit of extra income from my blog and TPT which has helped us cover all of the expenses associated with my son Tyler's traveling baseball team (He says, "THANK YOU TEACHERS PAY TEACHERS!").  It also helps me fund items for my class which makes my hubby very happy!

One of my favorite posts this year was a Peek Into My Classroom - I love seeing my room so neat and tidy pre-kiddos! LOL!  I previously taught 7th grade so I wasn't able to go as cutsey as I did now - LOVING elementary!


My most popular post was the Whole Brain Teaching 3 Star Homework Model. This year has been my first using Whole Brain Teaching and I must say that I am hooked!



The Best Freebie I shared was my If I Was In a Snowglobe writing activity. I could not believe the quality of my students' writing with it!


The BEST product I created this year was My Lucky Day teaching packet - my class had a blast with it. I haven't blogged about it yet, but maybe will get the chance during break!


My MOST POPULAR product is my capitalization packet.  I definitely have to give credit to being involved in the Great Product Swap hosted by Jessica Stanford  for that.  My partner, Brooke from Third Grade Troops went above and beyond and created a PowerPoint to go with it. How awesome is that?  That is definitely my favorite thing about the bloggy world - the amazing giving spirit of all of those involved. You all rock! I wish I could teach with all of you- but having blogs makes it seem like the most amazing PLC ever!!!!

So that leads to my last brag of the year - my fave bloggers this year! (No... I don't have room to list you all!!!) Of course I've already listed Jessica and Brooke, but I would also like to send a shout out to Farley for offering blogging inspiration for even the worst case of blogger's block with her monthly Currently (plus I love learning more about my bloggy friends). I also love Tania from Mrs Poultney's Ponderings who is one of my most frequent commenters - she makes me feel loved - at least I know one person reads what I have to say! LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, I love how reflective you are in this post about 2012! I am very reflective by nature, so I should take a look at that linky party - thanks for the tip! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a delightful new year.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post and reflecting back on the year. I agree that the blogging world has such an amazing giving spirit! Merry Christmas and cheers to the New Year, friend!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! Blogging is awesome and I'm glad you're loving the community!!!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...