Friday, December 28, 2012

2013 Resolution Solution Linky Party

I decided to link up with the 2013 Resolution Solution Linky Party from Teaching Madness!

Teaching Maddeness

The ideas is that you will be held accountable by your readers for keeping your resolutions when you post them to your blog.  Let's see if this works! So, with no further ado, here are my 2012 resolutions

For School

Neat and Tidy. I love the way my room looks so neat and tidy when I walk in first thing in the morning (thanks to an awesome janitorial staff) but within 3.7 seconds of my students walking in it seems as if a tornado has blown through - despite the fact that we are no where near tornado alley!  So, I would like to work on keeping our room cleaner. This means helping my kiddos to stay organized and not using my desk as a dumping grounds throughout the day.

I also got permission from my principal to get rid of some of the old outdated materials that were left by past teachers - YEAH!

Working Smarter Not Harder- Now that I have gotten my groove with a new grade I am going to work on bulk planning - math for a few weeks at a time, then language arts for a few weeks.  I think it will make my planning better as I look down the road at where my students will need to be.

Personal

Weight Loss - I know we probably all have this as a goal - but after 6 kiddos I definitely need it!  Hubby bought me a treadmill for Christmas, so my goal is to start each day with a 20 minute session each morning.

More Family Time - With 6 kids it is difficult to give each kid individual time, but I want to schedule time for each of them as well as with my hubby.

Blogging

Regular Posts - I would like to commit to at least 2-3 times a week.  I love the reflection time it gives me to think about the things we did, what the students learned, what I would change, etc.

Commenting More - I tend to be a blog lurker, reading and stalking but not really leaving any comments. I know that I feel appreciated when someone comments on my post, so I really need to remember to share the love.  I read posts and think "I love that!" but I need to remember to tell the blogger that!

Relationship Building - This really goes hand in hand with my other two goals.  I started blogging to help build my PLC and I really need to focus on that.  I know I have become a much better teacher from the blogs that I read and the TPT products I have bought, I also need to learn from other teachers through idea sharing as well.

What goals do you have for 2013?

8 comments:

  1. I love all of your resolutions, they sound a lot like mine! I need to work on leaving more comments on blogs that I visit as well. I know how I feel when someone comments on my little ole posts! Good luck with all of your resolutions for 2013. Happy New Year!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Thank you for commenting! Feeling the love :) Heading over to check out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for helping me out with one of my 2013 Goals! I appreciate it :) WOW, six kids! I feel like I am loosing my mind sometime with three! I am your newest follower, very cute blog!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... do I still have time to decide if I want to post my resolutions for all the world to see? I admire you! A big, loving family, regular blogging, AND a daily workout? You are setting the bar pretty high! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... do I still have time to decide if I want to post my resolutions for all the world to see? I admire you! A big, loving family, regular blogging, AND a daily workout? You are setting the bar pretty high! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are ambitious! I thought that I was busy, but wow! Teachers can do it all, so I'm sure that you will meet your goals. Good luck!

    ~Julie
    TheHipTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up your resolutions, Kelly! SIX kids, a teacher, and a blogger!? Can someone say superwoman!? I always admire teachers with kids...I get to leave them all at school everyday and I still can't seem to get everything done!! I do agree with planning in advance...using unit plans rather than weekly lesson plans totally changed my teaching life!!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your goals! I like your goals especially commenting more and relationship building. Thanks for finding my blog. I started following you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...