Monday, December 31, 2012

January Currently

Linking up with Farley's Currently - I LOVE these - probably just because I am snoopy curious about other people's lives.
Listening: It is completely silent in my house (a rare occassion with 6 boys) because hubby took the boys to the hospital to visit his friend's new baby. He wanted to give me some "down time"! Love him!

Loving: Hubby got me a treadmill for Christmas.  Although it was my present, it really is a family present as both hubby and I and all of the boys have been using it faithfully since Christmas.  My 12 year old is putting in a good 3 miles a day while mom (who is seriously out of shape) is happy to get a mile walk in.  Hopefully my time and distance improves, and maybe ski season won't kill me quite as bad this year.  Our first ski trip of the season is scheduled two weekends from now - I can't wait!

Thinking: That vacation is never long enough to do all of the things I want to get done!  I don't have to be back until January 7th, but it still feels like it has flown by and my to do list has barely gotten any smaller.

Wanting: My book order from Amazon to arrrive. I ordered a ton of frog books because we are getting a class pet - a frog of course!  I'm hoping to integrate our new friend with the research unit we will be starting when we go back to school.  I will be posting the unit to TPT but, truthfully, I have barely made any headway yet. Hoping it will be ready for next week - Fingers crossed!

Needing: To go into my classroom without kiddos to get everything back in the order it was in August.  I feel like I can't find anything when I am looking for it and I hate that feeling.

OLW: Focus. I swear - I have ADD sometimes!  I start one project and then get an idea for another.  This year I really want to work on focusing on one thing at a time.  No more multi-tasking.

Hurry on over and link up with Farley. I can't wait to snoop!

6 comments:

  1. Love your word! I'm pretty sure I have ADD! I have two children who are diagnosed and a third who has learned to compensate very well! I'm wishing I had a treadmill...Guess I'll just have to go outside!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    I feel like a real stalker with your blog tonight. I have posted twice and become a follower all in one night. I think it is because I am in awe that you work full time and have 6 children, 6 BOY children. Oh boy is right! How do you do it? I have a hard time and I have half that many. I agree I feel like I have ADD sometimes too. I think it is because I have too much on my list to do and I want it done all at once. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

    Happy New Year,
    Wendy
    4th-5thgradehappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to stalk away! LOL! 6 really isn't as crazy as it seems (yes it is!) My oldest is in college and I have one more who is graduating high school this year. The third graduates the next year so we will soon be down to only 3 at home. I am just the same in the over commiting department. I am learning to say "no" sometimes and it is very freeing! Will definitely be stalking your blog a bit more in 2013. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I love your word!! I am terrible at focusing and do the same thing! :) So exciting to get a treadmill - it's nice to get a run in without leaving your house. Enjoy your trip and Happy New Year! I'm a new follower. :)

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle
    Like Second Grade Sparkle on Facebook!
    Follow Second Grade Sparkle on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your word - Focus and I'm so envious of your treadmill. I convince myself all the time that if I had one I would totally use it:)
    Happy New Year.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love your OLW "focus"...I think I get so caught up in what all is going on and everything that I have to do, that sometimes I lose focus. Great word! I am your newest follower, and I look forward to reading more!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...