Sunday, July 28, 2013

Reading Comprehension Cubes - Goodies from SmileMakers


When I was initially approached by SmileMakers to choose an item of my choice to review on my blog, my first thought was that I was going to get stickers for my sticker economy.  Because after all that is what SmileMakers is all about.  Boy was I wrong!  It took forever for me to pick something from their catalog because they have sooo much to choose from! Seriously, they have everything from classroom decorations, to arts and crafts supplies, to curriculum materials.

I finally narrowed it down to these reading comprehension cubes that have been on my Wish List forever!
 
I can't wait to use these this year with my kiddos!
 
The set comes with 6 cubes as you can see above and a set of directions with suggestions for using them.

 
According to the directions, there are 2 pre-reading cubes, 2 during reading cubes, and 2 after reading cubes.  Here are a few pics of the questions.  I love that some of the questions are right there while others require more in depth thinking which is perfect for differentiation.
 
 
 
 
I plan on using them in small groups, for partner reading, and even for whole group lessons and read alouds.

I am not only thrilled with my reading cubes, but also with the amazing customer service from SmileMakers.  Here are a few facts about Smile Makers:

  • SmileMakers has been helping teachers to create smiles for over 35 years.  You can count on us to make a difference in your classroom.
  • We have what you need!  We bring you products you won't find anywhere else.
  • Our product safety testing meets or exceeds Consumer Products Safety Standards.
  • We offer quick, easy, hassle-free ordering online and on the phone.
  • Same day shipping means most orders are received within 1-5 business days.
  • Everyday low prices on a wide selection of giveaways.  Plus get great sales offers when you sign up for emails.
  • Everything at SmileMakers is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.  If your order doesn't meet your expectations, just call us to exchange or return for a full refund.  We'll even pay the return freight.
  • SmileMakers is based in Spartanburg, South Carolina
  • SmileMakers is a business unit of Quill Corporation, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Staples, Inc.
SmileMakers also offers Teacher Perks which offers sales and discounts just for teachers.  As a member of Teacher Perks, you will receive free shipping on any order over $49 and flat rate shipping of $4.99 on orders less than that.  There are also special private sales for members only!

So, what are you waiting for? See what SmileMakers has to offer!

Have you ever purchased from SmileMakers?  What did you buy?

Do you have these reading comprehension cubes?  How have you used them?

Disclosure: I received the product from SmileMakers in order to facilitate the review.  No other compensation was received, and all opinions expressed are my own.
 

2 comments:

  1. I almost bought those today at our local teacher supply store!

    Jessica
    Teach on a Limb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found these cubes in my classroom when I moved in...the former teacher had left them for me! Woohoo! I'm excited to use them. :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...